Importance of gas safety checks
We want you to be safe in your home. That's why we carry out a gas safety check and service every 12 months to make sure everything is working properly and keep the running costs as low as possible.
We will write to you to let you know when we would like to come and carry out the gas safety check and service. If the appointment is not convenient you can change it.
The gas safety check is really important for you and those living in your home. If your gas appliances are unsafe, they could produce carbon monoxide which can kill.
Letting us into your home
It's really important you allow us access to your home to do this work. If you are unable to be at home during normal working hours or have difficulties arranging access due to work or family commitments, please contact us (our details are on the right). We will make every effort to work flexibly around your commitments.
If you fail to let us in after we have written to you three times, you will be in breach of your tenancy agreement and we will start legal action to gain access.
What happens if you smell gas?
If you smell gas or fumes you should always:
- Open all doors and windows
- Turn the gas off at the meter
- Put out cigarettes and any naked flame
- Don't use electrical switches
- Call the National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999
- Test your carbon monoxide alarm regularly and report any faults to us.
- If you smell gas - call the national gas emergency service on 0800 111 999.
- Always get your landlord's consent before installing new gas appliances.
National Gas Emergency Service
Call 0800 111 999