Construction Update - Autumn 2021
Progress so far:
- We are half way through our 10-year construction programme, which started in 2016
- More than 400 homes are now complete and occupied
- Phases 3 & 4 of development nearing completion (phase 1 of development was completed in 2019)
- Between October - December 2021, we are carrying out works to deliver the woodland walk - this will connect the new homes to the future park and to Popes Walk, an existing footpath which will link the neighbourhood with the city; the woodland walk will also provide a valuable connection to the National Trust’s Skyline walking route
- We're also delivering a small section of the main park, to benefit residents moving to the new apartment blocks in phase 3 of development; the remainder of the main open space will be completed after phase 2 of development is delivered
- A new show home will open at Mulberry Park in November 2021 - a contemporary two-bedroom apartment overlooking what will be the development's main open space area; this is our first ever apartment show home at Mulberry Park
- Construction works on the last phase of development (phase 2) will begin in Spring 2022
Construction at Mulberry Park
Construction work at Mulberry Park started in January 2016. All construction work is being carried out in line with the Construction Management Plan and Traffic Management Plan agreed with B&NES Council.
1. Site traffic and access plans
All traffic movements into or out of the site will be from access gates located on Fox Hill.
We anticipate traffic movements from Monday to Saturday throughout the construction. The volumes of traffic will vary from day to day.
Heavy goods vehicles and site staff will adhere to a traffic management plan, which specifies that all contractor and staff vehicles will be parked on site and not on the public highway.
We will seek to ensure that as far as possible the contractor’s heavy traffic vehicles avoid using Fox Hill when parents/carers use this route to drop off and pick up young children from nursery.
2. Working Hours
These are defined in the Construction Management Plan agreed with B&NES. They are also included in our agreements with our contractors and are:
- 7.30am-6pm, Monday to Friday
- 8am-5pm, Saturdays
- No work will take place on Sundays and Bank holidays
3. Contact details for enquiries
If you would like to ask a question or raise an issue about the construction, please contact us at:
Mulberry Park project team
The Hub, Mulberry Park
Bath BA2 5BU
We aim to respond to all construction queries within 2 working days.
We hope you find this information helpful. We will continue to keep you updated regarding progress and will endeavour to limit the disturbance caused by these works to the minimum.
Curo has agreed a construction management plan with Bath & North East Somerset Council. We aim to be a considerate neighbour during the construction of new properties at Mulberry Park.