Construction Update - November 2017
Progress so far:
- Over 40 homes are now complete and residents have moved in
The main super-structure of the Community Hub is complete
The detailed planning application for the second phase of development was submitted on 3rd October 2017.
- 70 houses and three apartment buildings (totalling 122 homes) are under construction, including 60 homes for social rent and shared ownership
- Community hub cladding and windows being installed
- The first Foxhill residents move into new social rent homes in December
- We'll complete a further 36 homes by March 2018
Construction at Mulberry Park
Construction work at Mulberry Park started in January 2016. All construction work is being carried out in line with the Construction Management Plan agreed with B&NES Council.
1. Site traffic and access plans
All traffic movements into or out of the site will be from access gates located on Fox Hill.
We anticipate traffic movements from Monday to Saturday throughout the construction. The volumes of traffic will vary from day to day.
Heavy goods vehicles and site staff will adhere to a traffic management plan, which specifies that all contractor and staff vehicles will be parked on site and not on the public highway.
We will seek to ensure that as far as possible the contractor’s heavy traffic vehicles avoid using Fox Hill when parents/carers use this route to drop off and pick up young children from nursery.
2. Working Hours
These are defined in the Construction Management Plan agreed with B&NES. They are also included in our agreements with our contractors and are:
- 7.30am-6pm, Monday to Friday
- 8am-5pm, Saturdays
- No work will take place on Sundays and Bank holidays
3. Contact details for enquiries
If you would like to ask a question or raise an issue about the construction, please contact us at:
Mulberry Park project team
Lower Bristol Road
Bath BA2 1EP
Phone: 0300 123 2460
We aim to respond to all construction queries within 2 working days.
We hope you find this information helpful. We will continue to keep you updated regarding progress and will endeavour to limit the disturbance caused by these works to the minimum.
Curo has agreed a construction management plan with Bath & North East Somerset Council. We aim to be a considerate neighbour during the construction of new properties at Mulberry Park.