Bulk refuse & fly-tipping
If you see fly-tipping or know who’s doing it, report it now
Clearing up fly-tipping costs us around £100,000 a year, with 1,248 incidents last year alone. If we can't identify the culprit, the cost is added to the service charges for the estate or block. That could mean you sharing the cost of removing someone else's rubbish.
With evidence, we can charge whoever’s responsible and pass their details to the authorities for prosecution.
There are lots of ways to get rid of rubbish or bulky items
- B&NES Council will collect bulky items and offer a reduced fee of just £15 for three items if you're on a low income
- Check whether your weekly kerbside collection will take your items – you might be surprised what they'll accept, from kettles and hair-driers to clothes and car batteries
- The Genesis Trust offers a free collection service
- If you’re buying new white goods like a fridge or washing machine, ask the retailer if they'll take away your old item
- Offer your unwanted items for collection on websites such as Freegle or Freecycle
Don’t use rogue waste collection firms - they'll promise a great price but the dump your waste illegally
For more ideas visit www.recyclenow.com/what-to-do-with
Thanks for helping to keep your neighbourhood looking good!