Facebook Pixel Code


MyCuro Menu

If you get Government payments into a Post Office account, take action



Do you get tax credits, Child Benefit or Guardian’s Allowance paid into a Post Office account? If so, you'll need to transfer your account by 5 April 2022.

HMRC will stop making payments to Post Office card accounts after 5 April. Tell HMRC your new account details so you don’t miss out on these payments. If you miss this deadline, your payments will be paused until you tell HMRC your new account details.

Here's what to do:

Child Benefit and Guardian’s Allowance customers, either:

  • use your Personal Tax Account to provide new account details,
  • change your bank account details at Gov.uk, or
  • contact the Child Benefit helpline on 0300 200 3100.

Tax credits customers:

  • change your bank account details by contacting the tax credits helpline on 0345 300 3900. 

If you cannot open a bank account you should contact HMRC. 

If you've been holding out in the hope that this doesn't go ahead, 5 April marks the end of a  one-off extension the Post Office and HMRC agreed. It's unlikely a further extension will be given.

There's more information about this at Gov.uk.

Book it, pay it, check it, report it, sort it 
Learn more about MyCuro