Curo provides support and a safe place to live for people across the West of England, including in Weston-Super-Mare. Christian is living at one of our properties in the town and wrote this poem about his struggles with his wellbeing, and his optimism for the future. Now at college, Christian has secured a place on a degree course in event-management at Bristol University, so the future's looking bright.
- Homelessness can affect anyone, any time, for a multitude of reasons.
- In the past year Curo has prevented 221 people and families from becoming homeless through these services.
- Curo’s homelessness projects provide 139 units of temporary accommodation, from studios to flats and family homes.
- 72 people were supported to move on to settled accommodation.
- 31 young people going through difficulties at home have achieved positive outcomes through Curo mediation.
- Our homelessness support services are calculated to be worth £2.9m in social value.