Selworthy and Dunster House
In April 2019 we started a refurbishment programme to improve Curo homes in Foxhill. We started with Bradford Park flats followed by Selworthy House and Dunster House after residents told us flats in Foxhill were in most need of refurbishment.
We’re combining our improvement works in Selworthy House and Dunster House because they’re constructed in a similar way and have many of the same issues.
Combining the works will make our refurbishment easier, quicker and less disruptive for residents.
Resident priorities vary across Foxhill, depending on the area and property type. We based our proposals for Selworthy House and Dunster House on what you told us in events held in 2019. In 2020 we provided new bin stores and demolished an unused building to create more car parking spaces.
Phase 1 works started at the beginning of 2021 and are being delivered by Oakland Construction, these include:
- New windows to make flats warmer and reduce condensation
- New flat roofing coverings to keep the buildings watertight
- New doors to flats to improve safety and security
Phase 2 works will start later in 2021 and will include:
- New heating system to make flats warmer and cheaper to heat
- Improved ventilation to reduce condensation
- Any fire remedial works required
In future years we will carry out planned programmes when they are due:
- Improvements to communal areas including redecoration
- New kitchens and bathrooms
- You can keep up to date with what's happening by reading the latest newsletters which are posted to every household in Selworthy House and Dunster House.