Selworthy and Dunster House
In April 2019 we started a refurbishment programme to improve Curo homes in Foxhill. We started with Bradford Park flats followed by Selworthy House and Dunster House after residents told us flats in Foxhill were in most need of refurbishment.
We’re combining our improvement works in Selworthy House and Dunster House because they’re constructed in a similar way and have many of the same issues.
Combining the works will make our refurbishment easier, quicker and less disruptive for residents.
Resident priorities vary across Foxhill, depending on the area and property type. We based our proposals for Selworthy House and Dunster House on what you told us in events held in 2019. Ideas include:
- New heating system to make flats warmer and cheaper to heat
- New external wall insulation to make the flats warmer and improve their external appearance
- New windows to make flats warmer and reduce condensation
- Improved ventilation to reduce condensation
- New flat roofs to keep the buildings watertight
- New doors to flats and communal doors to improve security
- Improvements to communal areas including redecoration
- New kitchens, bathrooms and rewiring where these are due within the next five years
- Improvements to the area outside the flats, including the parking areas
You can keep up to date with what's happening by reading the latest newsletters which are posted to every household in Selworthy House and Dunster House.