Your repair responsibilities
Looking after your home takes two. We'll do our bit and we need you to take care of your home too. Please make sure that people who live with, or visit, you do not damage the property.
There are also things that are your responsibility to repair. These are:
- Carrying out any necessary decorating to your home.
- Repairing or replacing electric plugs, fuses, light bulbs, and sink plugs.
- Maintaining your own fittings and appliances.
- Plumbing in your own washing machine.
- Fitting and maintaining TV aerials (unless we provide a shared aerial).
- Putting up curtain rails and adapting doors to fit carpets.
- Providing dustbins (unless provided by the council).
- Fitting extra locks, catches or other safety devices and replacing lost keys.
- Clearing blocked sinks, basin, bath or shower waste pipes.
- Fixing toilet seats and bathroom accessories.
- Maintaining individual washing lines.
Need help with DIY or odd jobs?
Curo's Independent Living Service can help you arrange work that isn't covered by Curo. Ask us about joining the service.