Curo lifehacks: Frozen pipes
No water coming out of your pipes? If they're frozen, try this...
- Open the tap attached to the frozen pipe, and open nearby working taps to a trickle.
- Use a hair dryer or heat gun to gently warm the pipe which leads to the tap, starting from the end which is nearest to the tap. SAFETY FIRST: take care when using electrical appliances anywhere near water.
- Heat the surrounding air using an electric heater.
- As an alternative, try wrapping the pipe in hot towels.
- If drains or waste outlets are frozen add salt to these.