Facebook Pixel Code


MyCuro Menu

Mutual exchanges



This is a simple way of moving. If you have an Assured or Secure tenancy, have a clear rent account and do not owe us any money for other debts and aren't in breach of any other tenancy requirements, you can swap your home with another council or housing association tenant. You will need to have permission to do this from Curo and any other housing association involved.

We will usually give you permission to do this unless:

  • You owe us money.
  • We have started legal action against you.
  • The homes would be significantly too big or too small for your family's needs or the needs of the family you are swapping with.
  • You have not looked after your home and it is in poor condition.
  • The homes involved are designed to meet a specific need and you do not meet these requirements, for example you want to swap with someone living in sheltered housing for older people and you are younger than the age limit.
  • You have a Starter tenancy.

Please note:

  • If you are a Protected Assured tenant or a Secure tenant and you move to another landlord you will lose your protected rights such as the Right to Buy.
  • The tenant taking on the new property will need to pay up to one month’s rent in advance of the exchange taking place. This is required even if the tenant moving in receives housing benefit.

It's also important to know that residents with any type of Assured Shorthold Tenancy are unlikely to have the right to move through a mutual exchange. Please contact us to discuss your moving options.

How do I find someone to swap with?

We pay a subscription to HomeSwapper so you don't have to. You can log onto their website to advertise your home and look for people to swap with. Once you have found someone to swap with contact us and we'll advise you on what else you, and we, need to do.

Book it, pay it, check it - log in to your account:

We use cookies on this website to provide you with a better online experience. If you continue, we'll assume you are OK with your web browser receiving our website's cookies. Our privacy policy explains how we use cookies.