Our Independent Living Service helps people we care about to stay independent, healthy and happy in the comfort of their own home. Here are the team's five top tips for a safe and warm winter.
- Heat your home to at least 18C and keep your windows closed at night time. Click here for ways to heat your home effectively.
- Get an annual flu jab - free from your GP if you're 65 or older.
- Wrap up warm outdoors with a hat, scarf and gloves - wear shoes with non-slip soles. Click here for more tips on avoiding slips in icy weather.
- Keep a handy list of emergency numbers by your phone - neighbours, family and GP.
- Freeze a loaf of bread and milk in case you can't get out and about - stock up on tins of soup, veg... and steamed puds!