Facebook Pixel Code

Menu

MyCuro Menu

Gas Safety Week - 3 things you can do to keep your home gas-safe

 

 

Post image

As part of 2017 Gas Safety Week we're reminding customers about the dangers of carbon monoxide and how to keep your home and family safe.

Carbon monoxide is a gas that you can't see, taste or smell, but it can kill quickly and with no warning. If your gas appliances are unsafe, they could produce carbon monoxide.

Here's what you can do to stay safe:

  1. Know the six signs of carbon monoxide poisoning.
  2. Test your carbon monoxide detector once a week - just press the test button. It's a good idea to do this at the same time as you test your smoke detectors.
  3. Make sure you're in for your annual Curo home safety check. Starting this autumn, these new comprehensive safety checks will ensure your gas appliances, heating system, smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors are safe and working. Every Curo home will get a home safety check each year.

If you have any concerns about the safety of your Curo home, contact us. If you're in immediate danger, call 999 or the National Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999 if you smell gas.



Book it, pay it, check it - log in to your account:

We use cookies on this website to provide you with a better online experience. If you continue, we'll assume you are OK with your web browser receiving our website's cookies. Our privacy policy explains how we use cookies.