This week is Mental Health Awareness Week, with this year's focus on stress. Curo’s Wellbeing Project Officer Bethan Edmunds shares her top five tips for dealing with everyday stress.
1. Acknowledge that you’re feeling stressed. It’s OK - it happens to all of us.
2. Make a note of the situations that are causing you stress. A good way to do this is by using a diary to express how you’re feeling through words and pictures.
3. Stress can make you feel helpless, but you have the power to change your situation. By writing down and exploring different options you can start identifying a way forward.
4. Feeling stressed can help us review our lifestyles - make some small changes to your daily routine, add some exercise, call a friend or join a new social group. All these activities can have a positive effect on your wellbeing.
5. Remember that stress is not a sign of failure, so be kind to yourself and talk about how you’re feeling to friends, family and colleagues.
Connect with your local community - meet our Community Connectors.