We are shocked and saddened at the tragic events that took place last week at Grenfell Tower in London. Our collective thoughts are with the families and friends of those who have lost loved ones.
Curo take the safety of our customers very seriously and we have fire safety risk assessments in place across all buildings where these are required. Nevertheless, we have been carrying out additional inspections to ensure fire safety standards are maintained. In addition, we will be working closely with our partners at Avon Fire & Rescue to see if there is anything more we could reasonably do to further improve fire safety.
Curo own seven buildings with six or more storeys: six in Bath and one in Bristol. None of these properties has externally-cladded insulation, such as aluminium composite material (ACM). This week we are once again writing to all residents in these taller blocks to remind them about the importance of fire safety.
Fire safety details are in the residents section of our website and on the entrance hallways of our buildings.
We are also organising face-to-face sessions in these buildings so residents can ask us questions, request a test of their smoke alarm or provide us with other feedback.
Clearly we will review the findings from the investigations of the Grenfell Tower tragedy carefully and implement any changes if and where necessary to ensure the continued safety of our residents.
Pictured: Our partners Avon Fire & Rescue offer free home fire safety visits for residents. Photo courtesy of Avon Fire & Rescue