Construction Work Placements for all
Would you like to gain valuable skills and work experience in construction? Through bath College and our construction partners at Mulberry Park we can offer work placements, trials for jobs or apprenticeships in the construction industry, and access CSCS training.
Who's it for?
- Anyone living within 30 miles of Mulberry Park in Foxhill/Combe Down, Bath.
- If you already have a Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) card, that's great but not essential as we can help you access training and get a card.
- Anyone looking to get experience in a specialised trade or the construction workforce, or if you've had a break from work and are struggling to find a job.
What can we offer?
- A work placement or trial lasting from 2-12 weeks depending on what you're looking for and the opportunities we have available.
- Work placements can be in groundworks, bricklaying, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, painting and decorating and many more areas!
- If you don't already have a CSCS card, we can help you access the right training before you start a placement.
- Travel expenses to get to and from your placement on site covered.
- Small grants available to pay for tools, safety boots, work trousers or any other equipment you may need to do your work placement.
- Some of our contractors will also offer jobs or apprenticeships following a successful work placement or short trial.
- You’ll get tailored support from our Employability Adviser throughout your placement to help you make an action plan and move towards your chosen career.
- Advice and support relating to CV writing, job applications and interviews.
What do you need to do?
- Get in touch with the Work Wise team - our Employability Adviser will talk to you about your needs and identify relevant opportunities with Curo and local employers.
- We can then put an action plan in place and discuss your next steps.
- This could be your opportunity to shine and progress into your dream job!
If so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow the link below.