Accredited Work Placement Programme
The Accredited Work Placement Programme is a free service which helps Curo residents gain new skills, training and confidence to move closer to the work place. The programme can help you get valuable work experience and skills through a range of accredited work placements.
'Accredited' means you’ll receive a recognised qualification at the same time as building your CV, helping you get into work. This programme can help to remove barriers to employment such as: no relevant work experience, no references, lack of qualifications or low confidence.
Who's it for?
- Anyone living in a Curo property, and
- Currently unemployed – If you have never had a job, are looking for more experience or have had a break from work and would like to get back into a job then this is for you.
What can we offer?
- 8-26 weeks of sector-specific work experience, working with employers who are passionate about their industry and committed to supporting you.
- You'll gain NVQ units accredited through a local College.
- We can offer tailored work placements in your chosen sector: trades, administration, care and support, customer service, warehouse, and many more areas…!
- Small grants for clothing or equipment you may need whilst on your placement such as safety boots or a smart outfit.
- Travel expenses to get to and from your work placement will be covered.
What support will you get from us?
- A work mentor who’ll encourage and support you at work.
- Regular visits from your college assessor to help you achieve your NVQ units.
- Ongoing support from the Curo Work Wise team to ensure you’re able to move forward into work or training following your placement.
- Advice and support relating to CV writing, job applications and interviews.
What do you need to do?
- Get in touch, and we’ll be happy to discuss what options we can offer you.
- Our Work Placement Support Worker will talk to you about your needs, and identify relevant opportunities with Curo and local employers.
- We can then put an action plan in place and discuss your next steps.
If so, please email email@example.com or follow the link below.