Hawthorn Rise, Peasedown St John
Hawthorn Rise is a development of 89 homes on Greenlands Road in Peasedown St John. Curo's reserved matters for the development were approved by Bath & North East Somerset in April 2018.
Illustrative view of the new development
The site is located between Hillside View and Greenlands Road in Peasedown St John and will provide 72 houses and 17 apartments. With 35 per cent affordable housing, Hawthorn Rise will deliver 23 homes for social rent and eight homes for Shared Ownership.
Alongside affordable housing, the scheme will also make contributions for open space and will provide more than £285,000 in contributions to education, of which more than £270,000 will go to the local primary school while the remainder will be allocated for youth services in the village.
- Construction works are anticipated to start in the Spring of 2020
About the homes
- Number of units: 89 (72 houses and 17 apartments)
- Affordable homes: 35% (31 homes)
- Planning status: reserved matters were approved by B&NES in March 2018. See below for link to planning documents.
- Architects: Thrive Architects
Reserved Matters exhibition, July 2015
Exhibition of proposals, December 2015