The 2021 Curo Residents' Festival & Conference
Discover the new Charter for Social Housing Residents
and the 7 things every resident should expect from their landlord
13-17 September 2021
Join in with Curo’s 2021 Residents' Festival this September. We're putting on a fun and interactive week-long programme of events for all our customers: tenants, shared owners, leaseholders and anyone who receives a service from Curo.
The 2021 Residents' Conference
The main events are our 2021 Residents' Conference run over two sessions on Tues 14 and Weds 15 September. These will take place online as well as in person at The Maltings in Bath which is fully accessible.
To take part in the conference digitally, click on this link:
This year’s conference theme is the Government’s new Charter for Social Housing Residents. The Charter sets out seven things you should expect to be done by us as your landlord.
Join us to:
- Discover what the Charter means for you and your family.
- Tell us how you think we should be meeting these seven expectations.
We’re holding sessions looking at each of the following seven expectations as set out in your new Charter:
Tuesday 14 September, 4-8:30pm
- #1: To be safe in your home
- #2: To know how your landlord is performing
- #3: To have your complaints dealt with promptly and fairly
- #4: To be treated with respect, backed by a strong consumer regulator for tenants
Wednesday 15 September, 2-6:30pm
- #5: To have your voice heard by your landlord
- #6: To have a good quality home and neighbourhood to live in
- #7: To be supported to take your first step to ownership
Plus, on both Tues & Wed:
- You said... we did What have we learned from your feedback? What's changed? What's next?
- Curo Question Time Quiz our panel. Ask us anything!
- Awards Announcing our Curo Community Awards and Curo In Bloom winners
- Food stalls Free fish & chips (plus veggie options and other refreshments)
- Free transport if you need help getting here.
How to take part
Online: Join and interact with the main sessions on Tuesday and Wednesday online using Slido. Or watch on Facebook. Book your free tickets below to receive your link and instructions.
In person: If you can't access the internet, we're offering limited in-person places at The Maltings in Bath. The venue has level access with wheelchair-accessible facilities and an induction hearing loop. Limited parking for blue-badge holders can be reserved. We will have measures in place to reduce the risk of COVID-19 infections for those attending.
We’re holding some extra sessions and workshops for residents who’d like to get more involved in particular topics. We'll also be visiting a number of neighbourhoods during the week...
Try a Curo engagement group
At Curo there are many ways customers can become more involved and share your voice. During conference week we’ll be hosting our usual engagement groups as open sessions.
Why not join in with one of these friendly groups? You can be as involved or quiet as you like! You'll get to see what happens at these groups and how residents are shaping what we do. If you like it, you might like to be involved more in the future.
If you want to get in touch prior to the open sessions please contact us.
We’ll be hosting these sessions online:
- Leaseholder Engagement Group – Mon 13 Sept, 6pm - Join using Google Meet here.
- Complaints Review Forum – Wed 15 Sept, 6:30pm - Join using Zoom here. Meeting ID: 865 5083 5771. Passcode: 123456
- Estates Partnership Board – Wed 15 Sept, 5:30pm - Join using Zoom here. Meeting ID: 847 6825 3543. Passcode: 123456
To join any of these sessions
Just email us at email@example.com or call 01225 366000 and we'll send you all the details you need.
- Going digital - Helping customers get online - 1-2:30pm and 3-4:30pm (to be confirmed), Thurs 16 Sept at The Maltings
Our digital workshop is for residents who would like to learn a bit more about getting online. You’ll hear from an expert trainer, have the chance to get hands-on experience, and find out about all the different digital ways you can interact with Curo. Places are limited be sure to sign up early.
- MyCuro user group workshop - Help us develop your customer portal - Fri 17 Sept, 2-4pm at The Maltings
An interactive workshop where you have the chance to review existing features and the development roadmap with members of the team responsible for MyCuro - Curo's customer portal. We’d like you to suggest new features and improvements, test current developments and collaborate with Curo customers and colleagues alike to improve your digital channel.
To join in
Again, just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01225 366000 and we'll send you the details.
Friday 17 Sept, 6-7pm.
We end the week with a Facebook Live with Curo Chief Executive Victor da Cunha and Executive Director of Customer Experience, Paul Harris. Tune in to ask Vic and Paul any questions. We'll also be announcing some prizes for customers who've taken part over the week.
Simply Follow Curo's Facebook Page to be notified when we go live.
We’ll also be visiting five neighbourhoods across conference week. If you live nearby, pop along to meet colleagues from Curo and talk to us about any issues or ideas you have. Everyone who joins in a roadshow event will have a chance to win some exciting prizes. No need to book.
- Monday 13 September, 3:30 - 6pm
Walwyn Close, Twerton, Bath. Roadshow poster here.
- Tuesday 14 September, 10am – 1pm
Corner of Elm Tree Avenue, Westfield, Radstock. Roadshow poster here.
- Wednesday 15 September, 10am – 1pm
Dunster House, Foxhill, Bath. Roadshow poster here.
- Thursday 16 September, 3.30pm – 6pm
Haycombe Drive, Bath (in the park). Roadshow poster here.
- Friday 17 September, 3.30pm – 5.30pm
Warwick Road, Keynsham. Roadshow poster here.
Sorry if we aren't coming to your area. We wish we could visit everyone! If these roadshows are popular we'll plan more in other areas.