Equality & diversity
Click here to open our roadmap to equality, inclusion and diversity. The roadmap sets out how we aim to:
- provide fair and equal access to services for our customers and
- have a diverse colleague profile which is representative of the communities we serve.
The CIH Equality & Diversity Charter
We are signatories to the Chartered Institute of Housing's (CIH) equality and diversity charter.
The CIH equality and diversity charter is a flexible framework that helps housing associations like Curo to identify what outcomes a fair and accessible housing service can deliver.
Housing plays a fundamental role in everyone’s life. Homes, and the communities in which they are located, directly influence access to key social and economic opportunities and affect wellbeing.
Equality means that the housing sector is striving for a better balance in opportunities, resources, and decision-making processes for staff, customers and communities.
Being more aware of and proactive about the diversity of customers will ensure housing organisations provide the right services and meet the right needs and aspirations.
The charter includes a set of commitments which are underpinned by a range of outcomes - together, the commitments and outcomes provide a framework against which organisations can assess where they are now and where they aspire to be.
The charter consists of two core elements:
- Who we are: inclusive leadership and organisational culture
- Who we serve: involved and empowered customers in the communities where we work
By signing up to this charter, we are making a public commitment to deliver a fair and accessible housing service which is clearly focused on outcomes for staff, tenants and communities.
We are also:
- Active members of the Housing Diversity Network which aims to inspire and empower people, promoting equality, diversity and opportunity for all.
- A Disability Confident Employer and guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for our vacancies.
- Participants in Leadership 2025, an intensive leadership development programme for senior leaders from BME backgrounds working in the housing sector.