Below we have set out how Curo uses and protects any information that you give us when you use this website. In addition, we have published a 'Data Protection Privacy Notice for Curo tenants and leaseholders' - this is available to read as a PDF below:
Privacy and data collection
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this statement.
We may change this policy from time-to-time by updating this page. You should check this page every so often to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect?
We may collect the following information:
- Your name and job title,
- Your contact information such address, telephone number or email address,
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests,
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers,
- Some financial information (for the Benefits and Budget Calculators only).
What we do with the information?
We may use the information you give us:
- To provide a service that you request,
- To understand your needs and provide you with better service,
- For internal record keeping,
- To improve our products and services,
- To occasionally send you promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting,
- To occasionally contact you (by email, phone, fax or mail) for market research purposes,
- To customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. You will still be able to use this website, but it may prevent you from taking full advantage of it.
Link to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. If you click a link to an external website you will leave our site; you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. We cannot, therefore, be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Our website uses Google Analytics to analyse the traffic on our website. For more information on Google's services please see here:
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com .uk.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to:
Data Protection Officer
Lower Bristol Road
Bath BA2 1EP
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete please write to, or email, us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Please be aware that calls to Curo may be recorded to assist our continuous improvement and training. Recordings of calls may be used:
- For staff training to develop the confidence and potential of staff,
- To check and measure whether we meet standards agreed with residents,
- For use in appraisals with staff to develop superior customer service,
- As evidence where there are disputes,
- As evidence in investigations concerning either our customers or staff, or
- To resolve complaints regarding abusive telephone calls involving either our customers or staff.
The Curo Group incorporates:
The Curo Group incorporates: three companies registered in England and Wales - Curo Group (Albion) Limited (Co. No. 4302179, HCA No. LH4336), Curo Enterprise Limited (Co. No. 08103621) and Curo Market Rented Services Limited (Co. No. 4705482) – and two charitable registered societies - Curo Places Limited (FCA No. 7091, HCA No LH4209) and Curo Choice Limited (FCA No. 24208R). The registered office for all organisations in the Group is: The Maltings, River Place, Lower Bristol Road, Bath BA2 1EP.
Choice of law
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. By using this website you hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.